Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Why we have children and pets


There are times when I think I have lost my mind and I sure do miss it. Those times seem to occur when my children and/or pets are driving me nuts; nuts, I like nuts, except peanuts, they make me crazy. Crazy, I was crazy once, they put me in a round room with a rubber mallet and a rubber duck. It drove me nuts. Nuts, I like nuts...You get the picture.

Nevertheless, there are endearing moments when I am so glad I have children and pets. I get all misty eyed and have to take a deep breath.

For instance, how can I not just adore this face? When K comes into my room and says, "Mama, I am bored." She looks at me with that sad pathetic face and those great big eyes. What is a parent to do but feel love of all sorts?



Need I say more?


It's a funny thing, the things kids like. B could spend all day looking at and sitting in cars. I'm glad he found a car that was just his size.




Then they grow up and their voices squeak and they need showers four or five times a day and your fridge is constantly empty.



He tries to be good, but it is so hard. He just needs extra love, and all the attention at once.

Walter aka "the best puppy-dog ever"


The REAL queen of the domain! I love this dog almost more than I love, um, something. She is getting old, and I will be so sad when her time in my life in no longer allowable.

Well, it is a tail without a cat. Why are cats so bizarre? I don't know either.

3 comments:

  1. Technically, peanuts are legumes, which is why we should all start calling them goober peas. :-D Love the photos, especially bored-face. And the cat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The children are simply wonderful. The pets are interesting. The children are interesting too. I see you have a snake named Fluffy. That is rather interesting all on it's own. Glad to have you back on the blogging circuit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I Love those guys. That one child of yours needs to play with my one child. And soon.

    On woot the other day it said "I'm allergic to peanuts, expecially the ones with salmanilia" I think I am too. And also, I don't know how to spell "salmanilia"

    ReplyDelete