Thursday, March 26, 2009

FrOm the MiXEd uP file of MY mAd Cow BraiN

Today I feel like my life is like this pre-menopausal weather. Hot, cold, snowing, freezing, anything goes, and then back to stable. This is classic Utah spring weather, but good grief...it is colder than a well digger's butt!

The real causes of my fluctuation in mood is going to a class I am taking at BYU. I regularly wish this professor a very itchy rash in very embarrassing places. That and I stayed up to late and my car doors were FROZEN shut this morning and I needed a polar suit with moon boots to just take the dog out to pee.

On the brighter side, one of my dogs had a bath and now he smell like shampoo and dog instead of rotten potato and dog. He is no longer a dirt neck either. He also loves me and crawls in my lap and loves me. This gives a new meaning to hot dog eh?


I recently read a book by Kelly Corrigan called "The Middle Place". It is her story of growing up with a father who never saw anything other than happiness and how she survived breast cancer and changed her perspective to live in his "land". If you can get past the four letter adjectives, and by get past them, I mean read the book, it will have you laughing and crying all at the same time. A tad bit like Steel Magnolias, only funnier.

Here is a little blurb from her in her own words:


Some things you wouldn’t know about me from reading The Middle Place:


I don’t exercise, not only because I have inertia issues but also because it cuts way down on the number of showers I need to take. Other things that most people I know do that I do not are cook, shop and properly moisturize. I also cut my own hair and my childrens’ and ever so occasionally, when he’s trying to make up for something, my husband’s. I would cut yours too if you would let me.

I am interested in faith and people who have it. I am writing about it (essays, outlines for a novel, character sketches, a screenplay?) and thinking about it most days of the week. Although I am skeptical, I do pray. I do not go to church. I will always be Catholic (like I will always have brown eyes) but may grow into something else as well.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone and everyone.

2 comments:

  1. So do you own this book or did you get it from the library? And if you own it can I borrow it one day?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I own it and you may borrow it

    ReplyDelete