Saturday, July 25, 2009

The Four Agreements


I love to read. This week I have read a plethora of books, OK 3 or 4, but I love the word plethora. At any rate, for anyone who has not read The Four Agreements, I would highly recommend it.

It is a practical and, oh, so simply way to live. For anyone who wants to be, and do better this is a launching pad.

I will include the link to the amazon site so you can read a bit about the book by the author.

http://www.amazon.com/Four-Agreements-Practical-Personal-Freedom/dp/1878424319#


Other books I have read this week that are equally as intriguing are:

Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman. A story based on true events. Dan came across an old man who acted as his tutor and whom he called Socrates. This is his story of how he transformed from regular to extraordinary.

The River Why by Robert Duncan (perhaps the funniest book I've ever read...again)
A story of a fisherman who discovers that life is more than just fish and water and beer. The vernacular is hysterical as are the characters; Gus, Bill Bob, Ma and H2O (aka Dad) will jump into your heart and you will laugh right out loud. Try it, you might like it.

How to See and Read the Aura by Ted Andrews. OK, perhaps not entertaining, but at the very least interesting. I'll keep you posted.

Have a magnificent day!

2 comments:

  1. hello! you seem busy this summer... you always seem busy! yes we are going to ride ULCER, me, b and our friend whitney. we have signed up for 111 miles. should be great. i worry about my friend as she is going to ride my commuter bike and i don't think it is a great choice for such a long ride. she seems to think it will be so we will see.
    see you soon! we are bringing the mountain bikes down on bentleys bday weekend so we can do some of the rides you mentioned then!
    trish

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dang, Phil has gone to bed and I can't go rummage for the book. Tomorrow for sure.

    I can't find THE RIVER WHY at Amazon. I wonder why? Ha ha. Oh wait, could it be: The River Why, Twentieth-Anniversary Edition by David James Duncan?

    ReplyDelete