Friday, July 17, 2009

Christmas in July

For some reason I thought I wouldn't have to start thinking about Christmas until, um, December. However, my children have different ideas about when to start thinking about things... like Birthdays, for instance, they start talking about their next birthday the day after their currant birthday and for a whole year I get to listen to their grandiose ideas for parties, presents etc.

They have now added Christmas to the list of "Things to talk about a year in advance". Do they not realize my brain can only hold so much information?

However, I am really excited about Christmas this year because the kids are simplifying. I have only gotten a list from 3 of the 4 thus far but I am anticipating the request from the fourth child to be just as unique as the other three.

So far the lists of must have go something like this:


Bailey: wants a unicycle with a really long chain (maybe he's going to join the circus)



Eliza: wants her own jar of mustard (I don't even know what to think about this)


Kate: wants her own roll of aluminum foil (for boat making or contacting aliens I am guessing)




Austin: undecided as of yet, but I will let you know

They have asked for nothing else. Isn't this great? I will only need to go to two stores to get everything I need. The bike shop, how convenient since I work there, and the picnic isle at Macey's. Perhaps I'll get Taylor pickles and Red Hot while I'm there and call it good.

Who says life has to be hard?

Huzzah!!

2 comments:

  1. The reason the 4th child has made no requests is he has the flaming head of joy. Who needs gifts when the flaming head of joy is attached? It's the perfect gift. Your shopping's done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have no response to that.

    Except for maybe, That flaming head of joy and that prickly head kid have got to be brothers.

    I hear ya. Ruby has been talking about her birthday party (hUH?) since January.

    ReplyDelete