Wednesday, December 23, 2009

I'm BAAAACK



It has been far to long since I have made a post...Far to long. I will blame it on school. However, I am done with the really hard part of school and I am doing my student teaching in January.

How exciting, right? The correct answer is RIGHT!

What a roller-coaster the last few months have been. I honestly don't know how I made it though. We had some family issues, but who doesn't, then Taylor went off and infected his appendix, aka...kitten pouch, which had to be removed during finals!!!!

I suppose I still love the man, but seriously...

Let me inform you what kind of wife I really am. He woke up Wednesday morning and said, "My stomach hurts. Do I have a fever?" I felt his head, pushed on his stomach and said, "You aren't sick. You don't need to go to the doctor."

Then I left for "my" day. I had a job interview, therapy and two finals...and it was our anniversary! I really wanted to do something exciting for being married for 15 years. Being married to Taylor for 15 years is the equivalent of being married in dog years. That means in human years I have been married for 105 years and I still look good. HA!

On my way home from my job interview, which I didn't get, I had the feeling, "Call him and see if he wants to go with you." So I did and he did. His appointment was at two.

At one-thirty, after I had been to American Fork four times that day, I drove the man to the doctor's office in Springville. As Taylor is telling the doctor his symptoms I am madly studying and cramming for the final from hell....nutrition 100. The doctor runs some blood work and as he comes back in with the results he says, "Can you take that final another time?"

I'm thinking, "Yea, right pal. Are you serious?"

Taylor's white blood count was elevated and the doctor set up an appointment for him to have some kind of scan done at the hospital. I can't remember if it was an MRI or a CT. Whatever it was/is is going to cost a pretty penny.

To make a long story, a tad shorter, by 6:30 pm he was in surgery having his "kitten pouch" removed.

The moral of this story is this...be careful what you wish for. My wish was to have a spectacular anniversary.

No one will EVER convince me that God does not have a sense of humor!!!

I am still laughing. Har...Har.!

No comments:

Post a Comment