Thursday, January 1, 2009

Up the down staircase


This year, 2009, I have decided to start participating in blogging for my own self, plus I have been inspired by my predecessors. Not only that, I would like for this to be a catalyst to remind me of how great life is no matter the circumstances. To begin I would like to take a moment to say thank you to all the special people in my life, seen and unseen.

I first need to start with my parents. I would not be who I am if it weren't for them. They are sensitive, generous, hard working, humorous, sassy, spiritual people, and always encouraged me in every endeavor I wanted to do. They didn't always agree with what I chose, but they supported me nonetheless. To the two of you I am deeply indebted. Thank you for believing in me. I love you.

Next I must thank my balancing half, Taylor. He has taught me to be soft and forgiving and to have humor. He has taught me it's OK to take a nap and not feel guilty. He has taught me that poo and farts really are funny. He has shown me what selfless love is. He has taught me to be true to myself. He is my soul mate. He is my catalyst to seeing what I really can do. I love you baby!

My children also need to be named. Again, if it weren't for them I would be so naive about how the world really is. I have learned so much from them. For instance, Austin has taught me that any object, such as rubber ducks or banana's or sticks of any size or shape, can and will be used as guns. Bailey has taught me that girls are not complete as humans because they are missing vital parts; ding-dings, which they should go buy.Eliza has taught me that if you say something like "you stink" to someone and they ask you what you just said you say, "Me say nothing." Kate has taught me that carrots can not only be peeled, but sharpened.

To my siblings and their spouses thank you for your humor and your love and the way you watch out for me and my family. You have never let me down, but have showed me compassion and humor and above all real friendship.

For my in-laws and brother's and sister's-in-law I must say thank you for being patient with me and my husband and all of our excess personality. I can guarantee you if you will continue to stick by us life will never be dull. I love you all, and am not great at expressing it as often as I need to, but thank you for your humor and you sincerity.

For all the angels that have come into my life; thank you for carrying me when I was to weak to walk on my own. Deepest love to you.

So, with that, I begin this new year. Huzzah!
I choose to;
live with intention.
walk to the edge.
listen hard.
practice wellness.
play with abandon.
laugh.
choose with no regret.
continue to learn.
appreciate my friends.
do what I love.
live this life as if this is all there is.
-mary anne radmacher

No comments:

Post a Comment