Friday, January 16, 2009

Top Ten Favorite Sounds/Smells


This may seem like a weird topic, but so many of our life experiences are linked to a smell or sound;experiences that cause us to feel emotions that always make us rise to a better place because they have changed us fundamentally.

Chew on this a bit and think about what your favorite sounds/smells are and why they bring up such great emotion.

Top 10

10. Puppy breath


9. The sound of a newborn baby's diaper rustling when they move their legs
8. Summer rain on hot pavement


7. The sound of the bells at the bell tower
6. Sunscreen
5. The thundering of a fast car engine
4. Pine trees on single track on the Ridge trail


3. Hot soil in the greenhouse
2. Sprinklers
1. Laughter of short people outside

others, because who has only 10 favorite: smell of BBQ, the ocean, the smell of school on the first day back, chatter of a peloton, the roar of the crowd when a soccer goal is scored, saw dust, coffee brewing, bacon frying, chirping of crickets, call of the quail, when someone says, "I love you"

1 comment:

  1. I love you. How's that?

    I love the smell of newly mown grass, the smell of bread baking--I haven't baked for a long time. Phil asks about it occasionally, poor fellow. I love the unique way each of my kids say "Hello" on the phone. Sound of rain "thitching" up on tires on University Ave. The sound of someone saying , "Can you keep a secret?" I can and then I'm so intent that I forget it.

    ReplyDelete